Sunday, November 6, 2011

Winter 2011/12 Collection

There are a few new designs for the upcoming winter - all of them will be available at my etsy shop. Headbands have been added to the collection (I'm a big fan of how versatile they are, and how they can still keep your ears lovely and warm, without messy with the hair too much!!). Also a new cowl design and a few new bobble hats! Hope you like them as much as I do!!

The Camden Bobble Hat
The Cambridge Headband
The Missoula Bobble Hat
The Madison Headband
The Salisbury Cowl
The Oxford Headband
The Lincoln Bobble Hat

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Jumper update........

I finished the back. Hoping it will be long enough, because right now if looks a little short - and I am well and truly past exposing my midriff - I will have to figure something out if it is!

Currently, I am working on the front section. Hoping I will have that done by the time my mum arrives (Sept 1st)- so she can guide me with the sleeves and trim! I have been back to the yarn store twice to buy more yarn, as I realised three balls, and then four balls were not going to be enought to finish it. Here's hoping five will be - because there is no more left!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

My first knitted JUMPER!

Right back to the blogging. Its been a while - and knitting unfortunately has taken a back burner to my house remodel - but I have a little more time on my hands now, so I've picked up the needles and decided I want to knit my first ever jumper!

I've been inspired by all these slouchy, 80's style sweaters I've seen around recently, and recalled my mum used to wear such sweaters back in the 80's!! So after a little skype conversation, and a show and tell of all her old knitting patterns, I eagerly awaited the chosen patterns arrival in the mail.

This is what I decided to go with - Lady's Short Sleeved V-Back Sweater

I love the V back the most!

So I headed to The Yarn Studio - the yarn they suggested I use in the pattern no longer exists - surprise surprise! I wanted a block colour rather than mottled like the picture - so went with Blue Sky, Worsted Cotton in the Thistle colour. I am hoping it is not too heavy for the pattern - we will soon see!

After three attempts at trying to get the right gauge - I figured out what needles I needed, and off I went. So far - I've completed the lower half of the back section - I'll keep you updated with my progress..................